Real Estate Development
Stuart Myron brings considerable analytical, decision-making, communication and negotiation skills to every project, ensuring they are on time and on budget.
As in-charge development manager for Sovereign Centre, a 100,000 square foot office and retail complex in Calgary, Alberta, Stuart oversaw the entire development process, including concept planning, pro forma preparation, budget control, marketing and project turnover. This $20 million project was within one per cent of budget with occupancy exceeding 95 per cent within the first year. In 2003, Sovereign Centre was recognized as the BOMA Calgary and BOMA Canada Office Building of the Year.
In 2007, Sterling Property Solutions Inc. entered the real estate development field subsequently constructing several projects on a joint venture basis with Indevelopments Corp., Ornen Management Ltd., Securfund Development Corporation and Somar Corp.
Sterling’s first joint venture project resulted in the successful development of two 40,000 square foot office/warehouse buildings in the Eastlake Industrial Centre in Calgary. Completed in 2008, the project was fully sold in 2009.
Sterling’s second joint venture project culminated in the completion of a two building two-phase 32,000 square foot industrial condominium project also located in the Eastlake Industrial Centre. Completed in late 2012 , the project was fully sold in 2014.
Joint venture interest in a 2.65 acre industrial site, Eastlake Industrial Centre
- A three building three-phase project totalling 40,000 square feet.
- First phase features a completed 13,000 square foot design build-to-suit project sold to a leading Calgary sign company.
- The second phase is planned for a 11,500 single occupant industrial facility and the third phase is planned as six industrial condominium units approximating 2,150 square feet each.
Joint venture interest in two, two-acre sites in the Frontier Industrial Park, Rockyview County
- Construction of a 16,000 square foot crane compatible industrial facility currently leased to Alberta Lift and Equipment Rentals.
- The second site was sold as undeveloped land.
As president of Sterling Property Solutions Inc., Stuart Myron plays a direct and active role in these projects, including land acquisition, construction contracts, budgeting, financing and marketing.